Friday, May 13, 2011

Why this blog?

Firstly, sorry for taking so long to do this blog....I've started updating it again (CB, 4/11/12)

Among my hobbies in life, 2 of them are collecting things and music, specifically that great Irish rock group U2.

After U2's recent 360 tour of Australia I pulled out some of the old concert memorabilia that I'd bought over the years from going to U2 concerts and I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be nice to have a tour program from every tour that U2 have ever done". So to start off I needed to find out every tour that U2 have every done and then find out what the official tour programs were for each tour.

I found the following websites extremely useful in putting this blog together.

www.u2gigs.com
www.u2eastlink.com (in Spanish)
U2tourbooks (in Spanish)

So over the last year (2010-11), I've been scouring the world wide web in search of the tour programs that I was missing (which was pretty much most of the them). Quite a few I've bought in private sales on ebay, but I've also used the following online stores to track down various programs at reasonable prices.

gemm
991
eil
Record Runner

I hope that this blog can be used as a information source to fellow U2 fans and collectors. At the time of writing (June 2011) I have completed purchasing the collection (1 exlcusion) however there are a few programs I haven't yet updated as the programs themselves were shipped to a friend in the US and I'll pick them up some time in the future.

The one exclusion to my collection is a misprinted Unforgettable Fire program for the 2/3 legs. The search continues.

Unless stated all pictures of the programs in the blog are from my own collection.

Please...enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment